We welcome submissions from both emerging and established writers who are committed to charity and to setting new direction in the face of rapid changes. To get an idea of what we like, view some of our titles.
NovoReads is a Norway based publisher that publishes literary non-fiction, fiction and poetry. NovoReads provides quality books to its readers. The NovoReads group is committed to encompass works from established authors and new talents. Novo Authors possess a vision and drive it to accomplishment.
While we welcome unsolicited manuscripts and we do consider each and every submission we receive, a longer evaluation time frame may be required because of the high volume of manuscripts received. Please bear in mind that we do not assume responsibility for the submitted manuscripts.
We do our best to respond to submissions within 6 months of their receipt. Once we have finished assessing your manuscript, we will contact you if we are interested in pursuing your work. However, if the manuscript deviates from our acceptable standards, you will not hear from us.
The Novo Guidelines
- Our editors weigh quality over quantity. Therefore, do not submit your manuscript unless you are sure of the quality of your work.
- You must register and copyright your manuscript prior to submission.
- All work submitted must belong to you, the author, or you, the copyright owner.
- The following guidelines are for informational purposes only and should not be considered as advice on how to handle your manuscript or recommendation in relation to donating it to charity. Any decisions should be taken by the author(s), and submissions are made at the authors’ own risk.
- The NovoReads group does not accept mail submissions—only digital submissions will be reviewed.
- By submitting to us, you acknowledge that (1) the manuscript is not under review elsewhere, (2) you have decided to donate your royalties to NovoReads For Charity, (3) you accept our terms and conditions and any form of editing the NovoReads team deems necessary, and that (4) we may be working on books based on themes or topics similar to that of your manuscript.
- Given the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to all emails unless we are interested in pursuing your work.
- Please note that we do not consider previously published work or submissions that are not intended to be donated to NovoReads For Charity.
- Please do not send us more than one submission at a time and do not send the same submission multiple times.
To reduce the assessment time, please take a moment to review the Submission Guidelines.
- NovoReads only accepts submissions in electronic format through our website contact form.
- No materials submitted will be returned.
- A literary agent is not required for submission.
- We do not respond to queries or submissions that do not follow our guidelines.
- If your manuscript is of interest to us, you will hear from us within 1-6 months after your submission.
- Please include your mail address with your submission.
- Send submissions to the editorial team, with the word ‘Submission’ and the title of your manuscript in the e-mail subject line.
Guidelines On What To Submit
- Your manuscript as one continuous file, preferably in MS Word or Pages. The requirements are outlined under Formatting Guidelines below.
- A brief query letter.
- A summary of your manuscript, approximate manuscript word count, and the audience you have in mind.
- A short author bio in third person with a brief outline of your background and previous publication history, if any.
- A list of similar titles, and a brief description of how your manuscript differs from those already existing.
For your submission to be added to our review-list:
- Title page should contain: title of book, author name, and author’s contact details including email, phone, and address.
- Use standard publishing manuscript submission format:
- Start each new chapter on its own page, one-third of the way down the page.
- Use a standard font, 12-point type. Garamond or Times New Roman.
We will review your manuscript, and if your book idea fits into the scope of NovoReads, we will offer you a contract for publishing and royalty donation.
We thank you for your interest in NovoReads!